- Each participant plays in a 3 game opening round.
- The win/loss results are used to seed the bracket.
- The top 24 players advance to the elimination bracket. If more than 24 players are participating, those not qualifying for elimination rounds may play additional games against each other.
- Players eliminated in early elimination rounds play in consolation games.
Entry fee &payouts
- $20 entry fee per tournament, or $30 for both.
- Military ID gets $10 off either price.
- Top 5 players win cash, & 1st place wins trophy.
- A few additional placing games will have small cash prizes.
- The tournament primarily uses gaming systems made by Hyperkin, and Retro USB.
- We provide TVs, controllers, and game cartridges.
- We use the 1989 USA Tecmo Bowl cartridge with Eric Dickerson on the Indianapolis roster.
- We use both black & grey R.B.I. Baseball cartridges.
- Equipment malfunction during group play will result in game being deemed official after Player 1 had made 15 outs. If malfunction occurs before that, the game is replayed. Any malfunction during elimination rounds results in entire game being replayed.
- 1st half equipment malfunction results in game replayed from the start.
- A 2nd half malfunction results in only second half being replayed. Scores from each half are combined to obtain final score.
- To replay game that malfunctioned in 2nd half, players will note their halftime score. They may repeatedly exchange punts in 1st half as the quickest way to burn clock until halftime, then commence playing.
- Organizers reserve the right to declare winner without replaying any portion of a game if...
- Malfunction occurs during a game that is not competitive. Score of game at time of issue will be observed.
- Equipment malfunctioning due to a player's aggressive action (throwing controller, kicking table, etc) results in forfeit of player who caused the malfunction.
- Tournament organizer reserves the right to disqualify a participant for disruptive behavior. Our venue (Bigway Burger) is a family friendly establishment that will ultimately have say if behavior is deemed too disruptive to staff/customers and removal of participant from tournament is necessary.
- Tournament organizer Brad Bell will decide outcome for all disputes, unless he is a player in disputed game. In that scenario Ben Schwartz or Nathan Merz will act in organizers role, and resolve the dispute.